Trillium Floral is a cut flower and potted plant wholesaler, with customers exclusively located in the North Eastern United States and surrounding areas. We are looking for both a part-time and full-time driver to keep up with the growing demands of the floral industry.
As a core member of Trillium’s Driving Team, you will be expected to work within a team driving setting, meeting run requirements for drop offs and deliveries safely, efficiently, and on time. To excel in this role, you need to be reliable, team oriented, and have effective communication skills.
Benefits and Pay Range:
- Salary: $55,000.00-$90,000.00 per year.
- Flex Benefit Plan includes Vision, Dental, Prescriptions, Orthodontics., etc.
- Vacation Entitlement.
- Company Paid RRSP Matching.
- Company events & social hours.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Loading trucks as per the designated load order.
- Responsible for confirming load sheets at every delivery / quality control.
- Driving to and from customers safely, utilizing GPS.
- Delivering product to the correct customer in a safe, respectable, and coordinated manner.
- Responsible for picking up cheques/ pails from customers.
- Complying with DOT/MTO regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of DZ Driving experience required.
- A valid/clean DZ Drivers license (also accepting A-Z Licenses).
- Availability for short, two-day trips to the U.S.
- Passport or FAST card for Cross Border Travel.
- Standing/walking for long periods of time.
- Driving/Sitting for long periods of time.
- Driving in all conditions including slippery, wet, snowy, evening, daytime., etc.
- Lifting up to 50+lbs.
- Sleeping in tight spaces/bunk.
Closing and Application Instructions:
Our team members are passionate about development, innovation, and teamwork. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our customers. If you have a collaborative mindset and an experienced driver, you are probably a great fit for our team!
We will review all resumes upon submission and contact each applicant within 1-2 days based on our assessment of relevant skills / experience.
Wonder what it's like driving for Trillium Floral?
Please email your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
|Job Title:||Potted Plant Purchaser|
|Hours of Work:||Monday – Friday 7:00-4:00|
|Reporting to:||Potted Plant Manager (Steve Donker)|
|Starting Salary:||Competitive Salary|
|Benefits:||Company Paid Benefit Plan at 3 Months, RRSP Matching at 6 Months|
Trillium Floral is a cut flower and potted plant wholesaler located in St. Catharines, ON. Our customer base is 100% located in the United States, and we work with local growers daily to receive in product, and ship out to the US, daily.
This role requires strong leadership and excellent customer service skills, as most of the communication is done over email and phone to both vendors, customers, and the sales team.
Floral industry knowledge is considered a strong asset for this role and will be extremely beneficial to help in understanding the functions of this industry. Stock counts change daily and need to be allocated quickly and efficiently. This role is suited for someone who is a quick learner and has a strong ability to multitask in changing conditions.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear why you would be an asset to Trillium Floral and what floral industry knowledge you can bring to our team!
Detailed Job Description
- Maintaining accurate inventory counts each day, from daily stock counts and purchase po’s.
- Allocation of product to sales team members.
- Ensuring future orders are addressed and pre booked.
- Planning and pre-booking with growers to ensure product availability.
- Generating sales reports to make purchasing decisions.
- Communicating with suppliers in a respectful, polite, and positive manner.
- Developing partnerships with growers.
- Communicating and working with warehouse staff when required to ensure orders are fulfilled and customers are satisfied.
- Entering purchase orders and purchase invoices into the computer systems.
- Producing weekly price lists, availabilities, and specials lists.
- Having product and availability knowledge from all suppliers at any given time.
- Generating marketing material (email blasts) to customers daily.
- Working with Marketing team to generate order guides and marketing materials for customers.
- When needed – travelling to local greenhouses to view crops, build rapport with growers.
- Covering for other team members in their absences.
- Minimum 3-5 years in purchasing, sales, or marketing.
- Minimum college diploma in business.
- Fluent in Microsoft office suite.
- Formal sales training an asset.
- An interest in marketing an asset.
- Manage supplier relationships in a respectful, positive manner.
- Manage inventory of all products.
- Manage incoming purchase orders, standing orders, and pre bookings.
- Fulfilling customer’s requests to the best of your ability.
- Able to work in open office environment.
- Must be able to visit growers occasionally.
- Lifting to 50LBS
- All staff are always expected to comply with all Trillium policies and procedures.
- All staff are expected to foster positive relationships with direct reports, colleagues, and managers.